The DST Group values a strong, enduring and mutually beneficial relationship between the organisation and its former employees.
The DST Alumni is presently an informal grouping of former staff of DST Group and its predecessors. CDS, however, recognises the value that a properly constituted alumni can bring to former employees and to DST Group itself, and has undertaken to formally establish the alumni. The objective is to establish a respected, modern, vibrant and sustainable DST Alumni where members feel connected with DST Group and with each other.
The purpose of the alumni is to:
- develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between DST Group and former DST staff
- provide a means to help former DST staff retain:
- personal, social and professional linkages; and
- currency with defence science and DST Group
- provide altruistic opportunities for members to give back to DST Group and its staff, in acknowledgement of and in response to their former relationship working within the organisation.
- provide members an opportunity to continue contributing to a broad defence science network
Membership of the DST Alumni will be open to all former DST staff. In the interim, until the alumni is constituted, potential members are asked to register their interest by entering their details in the form below.
The alumni will be operated by its membership, rather than by DST Group, so you are also asked to indicate your interest in:
- assisting with the establishment of the alumni, and
- being nominated for election as an office bearer.
The address for email contact is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebration of our history
DST Group published Anticipating Tomorrow's Defence Needs: A Century of Australian Defence Science in 2007, to celebrate 100 years of defence science in Australia.
You can view the publication online.