DST's post-doctorate opportunities provide recent PhD graduates (or PhD students nearing completion) a platform to commence their research career at one of the world's leading defence science organisations.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! - APPLY HERE
With multiple part-time and full-time positions available across DST's research areas, post-doctorates will experience a stimulating and dynamic culture that fosters scientific excellence through innovation and creativity.
Post-doctorates will work alongside and be mentored by some of the world's brightest scientists to deliver innovative solutions in support of Australia's Defence and national security. And share in the rewards – challenging projects, a supportive team environment, and flexible, lifestyle-friendly work conditions.
To be eligible for a post-doctorate opportunity, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen; and
- have attained a PhD or are awaiting their thesis results in one of the following academic discipline areas:
- Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engineering, and Naval Architecture
- Computer Sciences, IT, Software Engineering, Telecommunications
- Electronic/ Electrical Engineering
- Psychology and Social Sciences
- Materials Science
- Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering (including Robotics)
- Chemical, Radiological, Biological and Food Sciences
- Mathematics and Physics
Current Post-doctorate opportunities: When and Where to Apply?
Post-doctorate opportunities are advertised throughout the year and updated regularly on the DST vacancies website. Candidates must submit an application through DST's Early Career Researcher Portal to be considered for Post-doctorate positions.
Candidates will be able to identify the positions they are interested in on the online application form,; however applications may also be considered for other opportunities that match a candidate's academic background and location preferences.
If you have a recent PhD in one of the above academic discipline areas, however you have not identified an interest in the listed roles, you are still encouraged to register your interest.
DST uses a holistic assessment approach to assessing candidate suitability. Applicants are required to:
- Complete an online application form, including uploading a resume, publication list, academic transcript, and addressing the following statement:
In no more than 1000 words, detail the relevant experience, qualities and skills that you would bring to DST and describe why you want to work for Defence. You are encouraged to detail any scientific/ technical achievements.
- Candidates who progress through to the second stage of the assessment process will be invited to complete a video submission to accompany their written application.
- Candidates identified as potentially suitable for a specific position, will be invited to have a discussion with the relevant work area.
Salary & Classification
S&T3-4 (Above) APS6 $78, 304 - $89,449 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Post-doctorates will be engaged for an 18-month non-ongoing (temporary) specified term. Non-ongoing opportunities may become ongoing (permanent) during the next 12-months. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Should you have any questions, please contact RPE@qfg.qrsrapr.tbi.nh