Event | Military Forensic and Exploitation Symposium
The Military Forensic and Exploitation Symposium was held as part of the Secretary of Defence fellowship on Joint Forensic and Exploitation Enterprise. The aim of the symposium was to discuss military forensic and exploitation research and development and an integrated forensic and exploitation system. The outcomes from the symposium formed recommendations in the Secretary of Defence fellowship research report, which will be presented to the Secretary of Defence in 2017.
Day 1 Thursday 23 February 2017 focused on current and future forensic science research and development with the aim to establish a Defence forensic collaborative research programme.
Day 2 Friday 24 February 2017 was a table top exercise to explore internal and external integration of Military forensic and exploitation system.
The symposium was held at DST Fairbairn Canberra F2 Theatrette 24 Scherger Drive.
- Brig John Shanahan, Commander Joint Counter Improvised Threat Task Force, Australian Defence Force
- Prof James Robertson, Director AM PSM BSc PhD FAIM, Director National Centre Forensic Studies, University of Canberra
- Dr Linzi Wilson-Wilde, Director Australian and New Zealand Policing Advisory Agency National Institute of Forensic Science (ANZPAA NIFS)
- Robert Morgan, ANZPAA NIFS
- Prof Chris Lennard, Professor Forensic Science, Western Sydney University
- Peter Kerr, Project Leader Innovation, Defence Science and Technology Group
Further enquires and contact Dr Lauren Wilson:
DRN email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 0415 526 309