Event | National Security Science and Technology Workshop: November 2013
In November 2013, DSTO conducted the first in a series of workshops to engage key stakeholders in the policy and planning process.
- To inform stakeholders of the development of a national security science and technology (S&T) policy and implementation plan, including the framework, rationale and intent, process, schedule, roles and responsibilities
- To identify common issues and opportunities across the national security community in delivering, sourcing and applying S&T support.
- A greater awareness of the value of S&T to Australia’s national security.
- An understanding of the national security S&T policy intent, scope, process, timeframes, roles and responsibilities.
- Clarity on common issues, challenges and opportunities to be addressed through a national security S&T policy and implementation plan.
- The fostering of a community of interest in national security S&T policy and planning.
Invited representatives from national security policy, S&T users, S&T providers and industry.