Event | Partnerships Week 2015
As part of DST Group's commitment to expand our external engagement and outreach activities, we ‘opened our doors’ to representatives of Australia’s innovation sector. Our inaugural Partnerships Week included a program of activities aimed at strengthening DST's external engagement to achieve better capability outcomes for Australia’s defence and national security.
In particular, two open days (5-6 May) included presentations, access to DST researchers, DST research capability displays, technology demonstrations and site tours.
Our objectives were to:
- showcase DST’s major science and technology (S&T) capabilities and future research priorities
- create new relationships and strengthen existing partnerships
- promote innovation and engagement initiatives.
The event provided an opportunity for current and prospective partners to:
- better understand DST's current capabilities and future research priorities
- meet and connect with senior researchers
- learn about research and development (R&D) funding opportunities
- network with representatives from peer organisations
- hear about opportunities to collaborate with DST on new research programs.
Attendees included representatives of Australia’s innovation sector, industry (including small and medium enterprises) and research organisations, with an in-house research and development capability that can complement and build on DST’s current and anticipated research activities.
During our 2015 Open Days, several DST researchers presented innovative technologies to an audience of current and prospective partners. You can see these technology pitches in the videos below, or go direct to the playlist on the DSTO YouTube channel.
View the attachments on this page for the presentation slides that were delivered by each DST Group Division.