Contamination detection and remediation
Hazard Management encompasses the areas of detection and remediation of chemical contamination.
We focus on the research and development (R&D) of new materials or detection systems for specific chemicals of concern, as well as delivering smart buyer advice to Defence through test and evaluation of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products. Delivery of these outcomes comes through collaborations with international partners, as well as local universities and industry.
Key focus areas include:
- Evaluation of COTS detection equipment
- Evaluation of wide area and personal decontamination systems
- Advice to acquisition projects
- Research into sensor systems for target chemicals
- Advice regarding remediation of contaminated sites.