Next Generation Technologies Fund
The Next Generation Technologies Fund, managed by the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group, is a new government initiative introduced with the Defence Industry Policy Statement in 2016.Together with the Defence Innovation Hub and the Centre for Defence Industry Capability, these three form the integrated Defence innovation system.
With an investment of $730 million over the decade to June 2026, the Next Generation Technologies Fund is a forward-looking program focussing on research and development in emerging and future technologies for the “future Defence force after next”.
The Next Generation Technologies Fund is focussed on the following nine priority areas as determined by the Defence White Paper 2016:
- Integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance
- Space capabilities
- Enhanced human performance
- Medical countermeasure products
- Multi-disciplinary material sciences
- Quantum technologies
- Trusted autonomous systems
- Advanced sensors, hypersonics and directed energy capabilities
For more information, visit the Defence Innovation Portal.