The NAVIGATE program is a dedicated science and technology pathway designed to enable high performing STEM specialists to transition into the complex area of Defence science and technology or continue to build on their career in Defence.
The program includes:
- 12 months of learning the ins and outs of Defence and Government, including two six-month rotations.
- A dedicated professional development program where you will build on your skills.
- One-on-one mentoring.
- Full-time with flexible work arrangements agreed by the Program Director and Rotation Supervisor.
- Full time salary within each S&T Level:
- S&T 5 - $108,195 - $122,044 pa, with an additional 15.4% superannuation
- S&T 6 - $125,622 - $150,785 pa, with an additional 15.4% superannuation
- S&T 7 - $151,190 - $170,144 pa, with an additional 15.4% superannuation
Throughout rotations, participants will be provided with opportunities to contribute to high priority areas for Defence through training, leadership development opportunities and mentorship. Participants will also gain exposure to different areas where they can develop an appreciation of the organisation as a whole which will benefit them as their career progresses.
The two six - month rotations aim to:
- Provide all participants with exposure to the breadth of STEM careers in DSTG and Defence.
- Provide practical workplace experience to be applied in the wider STEM ecosystem.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to contribute their knowledge and expertise to a high priority body of work.
- Provide participants with an engaging and supported opportunity to contribute to Defence.
The NAVIGATE Program allocates participants to rotations based on organisational priorities, available opportunities, educational background, experience, career aspirations, location and developmental needs.
The first rotation will see participants that are new to Defence placed in a position within Defence Science and Technology Group. This will provide them with the opportunity to get to know and contribute to Defence’s dedicated science and technology group.
Current Defence employees will be provided with an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of Defence’s Science and Technology work through a placement in the broader STEM ecosystem that can benefit from their STEM knowledge and expertise.
The second rotation seeks to align the participant’s career aspirations and development goals with Defence’s organisational priorities. NAVIGATE will work with participants to support their placement in a suitably aligned area with consideration to Defence’s organisational priorities.