What’s expected of a senior Defence science and technology professional?
As a member of our STEM workforce, you could expect to undertake any or all of the following duties, depending on your specific skills and role:
- Contribute to science & technology outcomes through the provision of high level and integrated scientific advice.
- Enhance Defence leading-edge capability across a range of scientific disciplines by generating new knowledge and responding flexibly to a rapidly evolving environment.
- Manage client-focused activities of considerable complexity which may span several scientific disciplines of strategic importance to Defence.
- Maintain collaborative opportunities and partnerships with clients and leading scientists within the science and technology enterprise, building effective professional relationships with a network of research partners across academia, industry and Government.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders by working collaboratively, communicating openly and networking.
- Manage workloads of considerable complexity and promote a strong culture of scientific excellence.
- Deliver high-quality scientific reporting including briefs, publications and presentations.
- Establish procedures and guidance to ensure compliance with legislations, regulations and internal policies.
- Mentor and coach others in science and engineering excellence, and teamwork, to maintain an enthusiastic culture of high-impact, high-quality solutions.