Our Structures Threat Analysis Team was formed in response to an urgent need to support the numerous civilian government agencies who find themselves faced with the threat of terrorist attack.
DST Group leads the coordination of science and technology research to enhance Australia's whole-of-government program for national security.
We are working with other government agencies to:
- implement national security science and technology policy and coordination processes
- manage the DST Group National Security Program
- foster international national security research collaborations
- provide strategic analysis of national security priorities and resourcing
- integrate counter-terrorism technologies to benefit Defence and civilian agencies.
Related research projectsView all projects
The Imaging Systems Branch conducts research and development into the use of Wide Area Motion Imagery (WAMI) for Defence and National Security.
DST Group conducts a multi-disciplinary research program to establish ways of countering the malicious use of biological and chemical agents against Defence and civilian personnel.