Opportunity | Quantum-Enhanced Communications Call for Proposals
Defence's Quantum Research Network is seeking innovative proposals from industry and academia in the area of Quantum-Enhanced Communications (QEC).
Proposals are expected to span a multi-year timeframe and align with the Defence research priorities; and should identify and pursue science and technology areas that are critical for future Australian Defence capability
In order to be considered for support, submissions should:
- Provide a detailed summary of the proposed activities
- Contain clearly articulated milestones and deliverables
- Outline a forward looking innovation plan beyond the current proposal
- Contain a budget, including details of any in-kind contributions
- Detail any proposed co-funding arrangements with other bodies
- Align to the S&T priority areas provided in this document
Areas of interest
Proposals must relate to Quantum-Enhanced Communications technologies and systems in one or more of the following broad focus areas:
- Quantum-secured communication
- Quantum time transfer
- Quantum memories and repeaters
- Free-space quantum communications
- Quantum-enabled RF communications
- Quantum-enhanced classical communications
It is highly desirable, though not essential, that proposed technologies demonstrate capabilities that are unique to quantum technology.
It is essential that proposals make a clear case for the potential of the proposed technology to achieve superior performance, or otherwise provide advantage, over conventional technologies in the context of at least one of the application areas listed above.
Proposals must demonstrate feasibility and indicate a realistic maturation pathway.
|19th January 2023||Industry Briefing|
|13th March 2023||ATM Close Date|
Submitting your proposal
Proposals are to be submitted via AusTender